Seven Centers of Influence Strategy
Do you want to make a difference in your family? Here is a simple family experience that will have great impact … and YES, YOU CAN DO IT! It is that simple and easy, and it will bring your family closer together and closer to God. This is an eight-day family prayer guide leading up to and including the National Day of Prayer. Our prayers will focus on seven centers of influence that shape our culture and society.
Family leader, all you have to do is gather your family together, read the passage of Scripture, ask the questions, let people discuss, and then pray. This will be a fun time of generating discussions, sharing thoughts, and then praying. Your prayers do not have to be elaborate. They really need to be simple prayers, even sentence prayers. You may be hesitant because you have never done this before. Trust God to help you. You can do it, and your family will draw closer to one another and to God.
Here are some simple guidelines:
- Set a regular time of day that works best for your family.
- Ask God for help and to bless this time. You may also pray for thousands of others like yourself who are leading their families in this time of crisis and prayer.
- Gather your family.
- Smile and have a good time. Your family will follow your lead.
- Ask someone to begin with prayer. The first time, you may want to pray a short simple prayer to model to your family.
- Ask someone to read the Bible passage for the day. You can change who reads each time so that everyone feels included.
- Follow the guide. Remember, these questions are designed to include everyone, and everyone will have different answers. Thank and affirm people when they share.
- The first one or two may be a little awkward if you have never done something like this, but it will become easier and easier. It starts with Family as a center of influence in our culture. This will facilitate real discussion.
- If you miss a day, do not stress. You can catch up after the National Day of Prayer.
- You may want to let your older children lead some prayer times. This builds leadership and participation.
- Some in your family may not want to pray out loud. Give permission to pray silently. God still hears!
- When you finish, thank everyone. If you feel led, pray a simple prayer of thanksgiving for each of your family members. Ask God to bless them and your family.
On the National Day of Prayer, we invite your family to join Christians across the nation in the National Day of Prayer service at 8:00 pm ET. https://www.facebook.com/natlprayer/
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD YOUR SEVEN DAY FAMILY PRAYER PLAN.