I saw the Bible come into action on Thursday, May 3, 2018. This led to a climatic evening in Statuary Hall in the United States Capitol Building as the 2018 National Observance of the National Day of Prayer occurred in this historic setting.
As we forwarded our theme of PRAY FOR AMERICA: UNITY since last November, we saw America engage with this theme. Thousands of gatherings and prayer observances happened in and for our nation on the National Day of Prayer.
The National Observance, Washington, DC
By the time the National Observance began on Thursday evening, anticipation filled Statuary Hall in the United States Capitol Building. As we stood
boldly and called for unity, the Lord commanded His blessing! The Bible says in Psalm 133:3, “For there the Lord appointed the blessing, life forevermore.” Where is “there?” It is found in Psalm 133:1, “How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony!” Yes, God appointed His anointed and powerful blessing as we stood in unity.
The Lord Worked Across America Mightily
In my opening statements on the evening of May 3, I was able to share a few words about how God had already worked in our nation in thousands of gatherings that day. For example:
- In Maine, there were people on top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park, where the sun rises first in our nation, praying for America.
- One of our final observances, if not the final one was Lihue, Hawaii.
- First Priority informed me that on this day, 25,000 students were praying for America.
- Aviators in their private aircraft were involved all over the country, flying over their state capital, praying for their state and for our nation.
- At each LifeWay Book Store across America, times of prayer for America were set and observed by employees and customers.
- A few hundred Christian entertainment professionals gathered in Hollywood, California, to offer prayers for America.
- The International Christian Film Festival with over 4,500 registrants from 52 nations in the world was held in Orlando last week, and they agreed to set aside a moment to pray for America by using the 2018 National Prayer for America.
- A few thousand people were expected in Spectrum Field in Clearwater, Florida, as seventy pastors and churches joined together to pray for America.
- We learned that on the morning of May 3, Dr. David Jeremiah and the Shadow Valley Church in San Diego had an observance for the National Day of Prayer, and over 25,000 people joined them online from around the world to pray for America.
- The morning of May 3, at the White House, the President of the United States, Donald Trump, recognized and honored the National Day of Prayer: keeping and reaffirming the importance of faith in America, advancing the need for the power of prayer in America, and reminding everyone that the United States of America is truly One Nation Under God.
Our great God is at work across America.
God Uses People
During the National Observance, I saw God use each person who led in worship, prayed, or spoke! These people were fantastic and helped us set up prayer times when God moved upon us powerfully.
Priscilla Shirer, Sammy Rodriguez, H.B. Charles Jr., Congressman Mark Walker, and Frank and Sherry Pomeroy were outstanding! Each person who prayed was in tune with God, taking prayer seriously. God used UniVoice and the Brooklyn Tabernacle Singers in a powerful way. Yes, God uses people!
Social Media Exploded
We were informed how social media exploded globally. Even without considering the influence of the secular media, DayStar Television, and some other outlets, here is what we know:
- The National Day of Prayer trended #1 nationwide on Twitter throughout the day
- The National Day of Prayer trended twice, for 2 different tags on Twitter - National Day of Prayer and #Pray4Unity
- More than 100 million people were reached with the message of unity with 100,000 social media posts on Twitter & Instagram. This total would likely double if we could track Facebook.
- An estimated 200 million people were reached with the message of unity & prayer through social media.
- More than 300,000 people watched the National Day of Prayer service on Facebook Live and it is believed that right at 1 million will view it within the next few weeks.
The list could continue, but we will leave it there. God worked mightily!
Great Movements Begin in Prayer
We know that no great movement of God has ever occurred that is not preceded by the extraordinary prayer of God’s people.
It was our prayer on May 3, 2018, that the National Day of Prayer would become the catalytic moment that would ignite this nation into experiencing the next Great Spiritual Awakening. I pray it has now begun! Let’s believe God for this together!
Now is the Time to Lead and to Pray for America,
To request an interview with Dr. Ronnie Floyd contact Gayla Oldham at (479) 751-4523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.