Romans 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. NAS
I pray that you had a worshipful Easter even as you prayed, sang, and heard the glory-filled message of the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is risen and He reigns! It is with that knowledge that we can press on in these unprecedented days and challenges; being found faithful and fruitful in preparing for the glory He will reveal each day, and even more as He has planned and promised us.
I also pray that you have heard that The National Day of Prayer will NOT be canceled nor postponed. While the number of people you pray beside in person or in the same room may be different this year, the prayers we pray will be multiplied and amplified. Across our homes, neighborhoods, cities, states, nation and the world through many creative and innovative ways, our NDP leadership team and coordinators are planning to, “Pray God’s Glory Across the Earth!”
Here are just a few of our plans and suggestions for you:
- Using our NDP prayer guides, pray the National Prayer at noon in your time zone. Step outside to pray if possible or open your window and pray especially if you have encouraged your neighbors to pray with you. Consider purchasing a package of our prayer guides and delivering them to the doorstep of your neighbors to equip them in praying ”together”.
- Pray with your family, mentioning your local and state leaders, educators and campuses you attend or are near your home, businesses, military family or friends, as well as the nearest military base to you. Pray for the artists and entertainers you enjoy watching, local media people, your church and church staff, and of course your family and the families who are near and dear to you.
- Place an NDP yard sign in your yard and let your neighbors know about NDP and that you are praying for them. Use sidewalk chalk to write prayers or Scripture on your driveway and sidewalk or post them in your windows or on doors for people to see when they are on a walk.
- There will be MANY virtual prayer gatherings using a variety of web and social media platforms. Please check with your local or state coordinator to find out what they have planned.
- Drive to a place that represents each of the “seven mountains,” Church, Family, Education, Government, Business, Military, and Media and Entertainment. Pray in your car or at a safe distance in the parking lot for each place. Places could include a theater or arena, campuses, your favorite business that is closed and a business that is risking their own health to stay open and serve others. Courthouses, capitol or other government office, etc. Pray for the people who work inside these places and for the people they serve. Always pray for their safety and salvation, and pray that the knowledge of the glory of the Lord would fill them and their building as it fills the earth.
- If you are an event coordinator you could document where people go and pray by asking the people who usually attend your prayer gatherings to sign up for where they want to go or to fill the gaps where you need them to go to make sure your city, zip code or county is covered in prayer.
- Some cities have a prayer parade where the prayer guide can be handed through the window of each car with gloves and a safe distance. Some cities who have done prayer parades in the past have even had a police escort to seven different places for people to pray together – please stay in your cars if you choose this option. We want every pray-er to be healthy and safe and to make sure there are no outbreaks or re-outbreaks of Covid19 to be traced back to any of our gatherings.
- Check with your local radio or television stations to see if they will broadcast a virtual prayer service much like the one you usually coordinate or attend. Radio may also record a prayer for each of the seven mountains and play one at the top of each hour leading up to our National Observance Broadcast.
The National Day of Prayer National Observance will still take place on May 7th from 8:00 -10:00 ET. It will be broadcast, streamed and posted in many ways including on our website at nationaldayofprayer.org. In addition, it can be seen on our Facebook Live that will be cross-posted by many of our partners, Instagram, and more. It can be viewed on television on GodTV, Daystar, NLC, and possibly more to come, and on radio through Moody and Bott Radio Networks.
These are just a few of the ideas we have put into place, so please continue checking our website over the next few weeks for more information. If you have an innovative and creative idea that you would like to share with us, we would be delighted to hear from you. Serving together, National Day of Prayer may have more prayer and more pray-ers than ever before. Please join us as we, “Pray God’s Glory Across the Earth.”
Please pray with us now:
Lord Jesus, we love You and praise You as our resurrected and reigning Lord and Savior. We yearn to see the knowledge and the worship of You fill the earth. We pray that the many messages that were preached and shared over Easter weekend would continue to fill the earth, the hearts, and minds of the people who may have heard it for the first time - or who are rejoicing in faith as they hear it again. We lift up thanks and praise as we also intercede for our nation and neighbors next door and around the world for Your provision and protection, for health and hope. We lift up our prayers and watch expectantly for Your glory to shine and spread across the earth.
Serving Him with Gladness,