As we are praying for and advancing the call to unity in the church and in America on the 2018 National Day of Prayer on Thursday, May 3, we also set our focus on three specific prayer needs in America each month.
As we enter March 2018, I am asking you and your ministry to join us in praying for these three prayer priorities for our nation. How awesome it would be if we could mobilize thousands of ministries and churches to unite in prayer for the United States of America. Please share these with friends, pastors, churches, denominations, networks, ministries, and Christian media.
Whatever your level of influence may be, please do all you can to forward these major prayer priorities everywhere you go. Let’s agree to pray for these priorities in this manner for America:
1. Pray fervently for the security of our nation and for our schools, churches, and all public venues.
“The one who lives under the protection of the Most High dwells in the shadow of the Almighty.” Psalm 91:1
- Lord, we plead with You to protect our schools, churches, and all public venues in our nation.
- Father, restrain all evil in America, keeping us from further tragedies and pain.
- Holy Spirit, comfort all persons who lost loved ones in the recent tragic school shooting in Florida as well as others that have occurred recently.
- Father, move upon the President and his Cabinet, the members of Congress, as well as Governors of our states and their legislators, and local leaders in our communities, to work together to come to a common understanding and actions that will lead to securing our schools in the future.
- Most High God, we ask You to protect us from the ongoing threats from North Korea and move us to a peaceful resolution soon.
- Great God, we ask You to restrain all evil and secure our nation from all external enemies.
- Almighty God, we plead with You alone, move America to pursue God again and live under the protection of the Most High God.
2. Pray for unity among all ethnicities and people in America. #PRAY4UNITY
“For he is our peace, who made both groups one and tore down the dividing wall of hostility.” Ephesians 2:14
- Since each of us is made in the image of God, we each bear His image regardless of the color of our skin or the uniqueness of our ethnicity.
- Through the death of Jesus Christ on the cross, He has torn down the wall of division among all ethnicities and people.
- In God alone, we unify and live in peace with one another; standing as one people against all racial and ethnic division, denouncing it as sin and not God’s will.
- God, raise up men and women who will call for, forward, and begin to take actions to advance unity in America.
3. Pray for God to move supernaturally in all prayer observances and gatherings on the National Day of Prayer on Thursday, May 3, 2018. #PRAY4UNITY
“They all were continually united in prayer.” Acts 1:14
“When the day of Pentecost had arrived, they were all together in one place.” Acts 2:1
- God, move upon all churches, denominations, church networks, ministries, generations, ethnicities, and languages to participate in or lead prayer observances on the National Day of Prayer.
- Lord Jesus, call upon all leaders of schools, government, businesses, cities, and communities in America to create thousands of gatherings that will saturate their regions in prayer for unity in America.
- Father, mobilize all media outlets and social networking to do all they can to forward the thousands of National Day of Prayer gatherings in their region and our National Observance on May 3, from the United States Capitol Building’s Statuary Hall, in Washington, DC from 7:30-9:30 p.m. EDT.
- Holy Spirit, exponentially increase National Day of Prayer observances in every town, city, and county in this nation.
- Lord God of Heaven, place your Spirit’s anointing upon Dr. Ronnie Floyd, our President of the National Day of Prayer Task Force, as he provides leadership and oversight of this national prayer vision for America, mobilizing as many people as possible.
- Father Who Owns Everything, we call upon You alone to mobilize major financial resources this month so the National Day of Prayer Task Force can advance mobilizing all of America to pray for America.
Bless each of you as you join us in this grand vision for the National Day of Prayer on Thursday, May 3, 2018.
Now is the Time to Lead and Pray for America,
Dr. Ronnie W. Floyd