We pray that you have seen God move as you have been praying and showing the love of Jesus to at least one person that God put on your heart. Love is a journey, and we know the Spirit will prompt you in many Love One Anothermoments as you commit to put love into practice.
With Father’s Day approaching, we want to wish all the Dads a very Happy Father’s Day as well as pausing to look at some prayer points for everyone to consider this week. Holidays raise an assortment of emotions in people as we have different stories and experiences – especially when it comes to the subject of family. Prayerfully consider the following thoughts and prayer prompts as we head into this weekend. Pray through the one that best describes you, and then pray for those in different situations.
- You may have been blessed with an amazing Dad who showed you love in too many ways to count.Of course, no one is perfect, but you are extremely thankful for your Dad, his discipline, sacrifice, the time he spent with you, memories you made and especially for raising you to follow Jesus. If that is you then please take this weekend to thank God and if you are able, thank your Dad.
- Perhaps you had a Dad that was often aloof, absent, abusive – or you never even got to meet him.Know that there are many people who share your pain and even more who are praying for you through what can be a very painful weekend. Let me humble suggest that you pray for them, and in obedience to God, forgive them. Forgiveness does not make what they did okay, it makes you okay. God will bring comfort, healing and even peace to the hurting places in your life when you walk in His ways and obey His commands. This leads to the next suggestion…
- Think about the people who were, “like-a-Dad” to you and thank God for them.God may have put a coach, teacher, mentor, pastor, youth leader, neighbor, or someone else who was not your biological father but you proudly call them, “Dad.”. They may have no idea how much they mean to you; take some time to call, email or send a card to let them know that you thank God for putting them into your life.
- You may be one of the many men who have been praying fervently to become a Dad but still do not have a child of your own.We are praying with you, continue to ask God for a child to love. While you are waiting, look for chances to be a “like-a-Dad,” as a mentor, tutor, or other opportunities that abound within ministries and organizations that serve children who are desperate to have someone like you in their lives.
- If you’ve lost your Dad recently, know that we are praying for you.You can also pray about your Dad and all of the events in your life to your Heavenly Father who will never leave you.
We all need to claim and cling to God as our PERFECT Heavenly Father. He loves you more than you can imagine; He gave you life and guides and guards you with His perfect love. He disciplines us because He loves us, not to control us. God’s discipline flows from His awesome wisdom as the creator of all life and the designer of the destiny of your life. He blesses us with experiences and talents, resources and relationships and most of all He lavished us with His love by sending His Son Jesus to pay the debt of our sin and bring us into an abundant and eternal relationship with our Heavenly Father. That is cause for us all to celebrate Father’s Day!
Happy Father’s Day from the National Day of Prayer Task Force!
Serving Him with gladness,
President, National Day of Prayer Task Force