You don’t have to look far to see the burdens and deep needs upon our beloved nation. I believe you and I are living in an appointed period, unprecedented in our lifetimes in America. While it could be disheartening, consider that this country is home to our families, work life, and the religious liberty through which we as citizens have been blessed beyond comparison to life in most other nations. Therein lies the God opportunity for us now.
The opportunity is prayer itself to our Lord God, Who really is ALL mighty. Talking to Him, listening and obeying in response really is the most powerful and critical thing you can do for the personal areas like your family to the collective corporate parts of national life. Where do we put our true faith and trust? In mere humanity or in the great I AM, Creator of mankind, nations, government, earth and well, yes every thing.
Here at National Day of Prayer Task Force, we exist to pray daily for all facets of our nation: families, church, schools, business, government, and yes media too! With the first Thursday of May, the 66th annual National Day of Prayer (NDP) quickly approaching and continuing through 2017 we invite you to the great impact of prayer in some key ways:
- Pray for America Conference Call, every First Thursday from 8-10 pm ET (adjust to your time zone) by calling 712-432-0075, enter the code 4961322#. March 2nd is the next monthly call. In addition, this prayer line is open every evening of the year from 10-midnight ET to praise, repent and yield to our Lord.
- Participate in a local prayer event on the National Day of Prayer, 5/4/17. Where do you go to find a prayer event? This link takes you to a national search by zip code, city or state. Click here. If you don’t find anything near you, consider helping host prayer in your county or community through volunteer coordination. Note that many events are not posted until a few weeks before NDP.
- Become a member of the national volunteer network and find out more at this volunteer link: Click here - click on the brief application: Click here.
Sometimes people inquire why do they need to fill out an application form? We live in a culture where our terminology and interpretation can easily vary. Because we work to promote the Judeo-Christian expression of the National Day of Prayer, it is critical that we who are laboring together, are in agreement and find unity through a shared statement of faith - based on the Holy Bible. All volunteers of this Task Force must, with integrity, be able to sign this statement of faith included in the application: Statement of Faith: I believe that the Holy Bible is the inspired, only, infallible, authoritative Word of The Living God. That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; The Lord is the Creator of all things in heaven and on earth; all things have been created through Him and for Him (Colossians 1:16, Genesis 1); In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in his personal return in power and glory; That for salvation of lost and sinful men and women, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential; In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life; In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they who are saved unto resurrection life and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation; And in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Connect with your State Coordinator: click on the sub menu, ‘state coordinators’ and click on your state on US Map to contact this leader near you for support, guidance, and prayer covering. Click here. Through the state level team, you will learn of ongoing prayer efforts, share ideas and updates with training opportunities to further equip and connect you both locally and nationally. Every fall we seek to recruit and prepare volunteers to mobilize more prayer within our nation. Save the date:
- National Prayer and Training Summit, October, 26-29, 2017 in Colorado - Location TBD, more details will be coming. I have worked with this volunteer network for over thirteen years and have a dream of every county and community in the USA having a public prayer gathering on this annual day. But we need more volunteers. Maybe the Lord is calling you?
- Promote prayer events with annual themed resource materials with ease and convenient packaging at this link: Click here.
As I consider the accelerated, intensity of daily life, God has gripped me personally by these verses: Hebrews 10: 38-39 “…but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him. But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.”
Brothers and sister in Jesus the Christ, this is definitely the time in our lives to STEP FORWARD, not back. Ask the Lord to speak to you personally on the how, what, who and when. But remember, your prayer life personally and nationally is not an optional part of the Christian life. It’s where true power, peace and purpose come alive.
Lastly, it does take finances to fuel even grassroots efforts like calling a nation to pray. It is easy to hope that someone else will be the one to volunteer or give funds. I’ve been in that boat many times too. But is He speaking to you? Visit this link to contribute to keep abreast with social media, website, resource development, recruiting and training national volunteer network for increasing national impact:
- Make a contribution: Click here.
Thanking God for your partnership to PRAY for AMERICA!
Chief Operating Officer